We have successfully upgraded a koi pond for our valued customer from Taman Gaya. The following are the improvement works carried out:
1. Replaced cultured wall tiles to smooth finish wall tiles and installed decorative Bali stone blocks to brighten the look of the pond.
Hacked off intermediate upper pond to create a bigger pond.
Built 3 fountains instead of the previous long waterfall of close to 18 ft which was not possible to adjust the water flow to
acheive steady and consistent (the waterfall lip was made of fiber material not strong and even) water falling from the
waterfall opening to the pond. Also the long waterfall opening provided an inviting standing platform for crows to play with the
water and harassed the koi!
2. Filter cover material of Balau wood which rot with time has been replaced with USA-imported plastic timber which has the
following benefits.... (1) Long lasting and low maintenance (2) No need to paint and not afraid of water and white ants
(3) It looks close to natural wood and does not rot.
3. Installed Automatic koi food feeder. A reliable machine once the timer is set right and pre-tested before using it to feed your koi.
You can set to feed your koi up to 6 times a day.
4. The completed pond with koi transferred back.
Published : 19-Sep-2014